|Vitor Gonçalves f8d6ca8e2f|
This repo contains the files for the ~vern website.
It is completely static other than the 8 php scripts licensed under a GNU Affero General Public License, version 3. The generated content is licensed under a CC BY-SA 4.0 International license, along with all other content on the website
To start a version locally, you can use https://github.com/danvk/ssi-server or nginx configs similar to vern/nginx-configs:/common/website.conf.
You want to help ~vern and are fluent in English and another language? Great!
Follow these steps to start translating our website. For finer details, check out the existing pt-BR translation.
- Sign in (Preferrably with ~vern, if you have an account, but Codeberg OAuth2 is fine)
- Fork this repo
- Copy en/ to the code of whatever language you want to translate it into (we'll call it xx from now on)
- Remove xx/translations.php
- Translate! (but not xx/tos.html, xx/privpol.html, xx/p/list.php, or anything that isn't shown to the user (i.e. E-mails sent to admins))
- Create xx/tl-notice.html that looks something like this, but in your language:
<h1>Translation notice</h1> <p>The following document is written in english because of ~vern's geographical jurisdiction. Taking into account that all our servers are in the USA or Canada, the following text couldn't be translated. Currently, our translators can't find a viable way of translating the document whilst keeping the same legal meaning. If you have any suggestions, contact an <a href="/xx/admins">admin</a>.</p> <p>With this stance, here's the original document, in English:</p> <br>
- Add the following text in tos.html and privpol.html directly under the nav.php include.
<!--#include file="tl-notice.html" -->
- Add your language to en/translations.php
- Create a pull request